Thursday, December 1, 2011

Getting eBay Seller to Refund All Money

Realizing that I did not want to get a replacement for the tablet being sold as a WonderMedia WM8650, Flytouch, SuperPad and ePad I wrote to the eBay seller:

Listen, I know it is WM8650, I know it is 7 inches, and I know it is 4GB storage, but there are many tablets like that so what is the MODEL NUMBER? For example, it can be the BLY-706v1, APEX, WMS8125B Eken M009s, or some other model number. All of these have WM8650, 7 inches screen, and 4GB storage, so which one is the one you sent me or is it some other model number? Really when you sell something you should give model number this is basic information to know what you are selling. Maybe you can ask the manufacturer for exact model number.

Also I'd like you to pay me the return shipping now of $14. You can send it to my PayPal account. I will not be paying you anything more even when you send the replacement, not even for the shipping. You have to pay for all shipping. If you can do this then okay otherwise I will just use my eBay Buyer Protection to get all my money back and eBay might take action against your account as a bad eBay seller.

So it's not that difficult to understand: Tell me the exact model number, send me $14 on PayPal, and we still have a deal. Also your China address is very long and it did not map on Google Maps are you sure it is correct?


Here is the eBay seller’s reply:

Hello Friend,

Please be ease. I want to solve for you asap so could you send back for your refund or replacement? I have given you the address. Tell me your idea.


The last line was kind of interesting. Tell him my idea? He seemed to ask me this question a lot, especially right after I had told him my ideas! I guess I could try to lay out a specific plan of action so he could understand that I wanted to get things done and have this matter resolved as soon as possible rather than just share ideas with him.

I read up on the eBay Buyer Protection policies and felt that I could utilize this eBay service to my advantage. The protection policy was going to expire 45 days after the date of purchase so I felt that I should use this service while I am still eligible for it. From what I understood, if a matter is not resolved between a buyer and seller on eBay and the buyer reports this to eBay Buyer Protection then eBay may issue a full refund including original shipping cost to the buyer. I figured that I should try to get my money back one way or another, so I gave the seller a fair warning by explaining my “idea” in detail in the next message.

<-- Previous post: Confusion About WM8650 Model Number
Next post -->: Warning Seller About eBay Buyer Protection

Read full: An eBay Buyer’s True Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your personal views? Make a comment to share them with the world!