Monday, December 5, 2011

Warning Seller About eBay Buyer Protection

Warning the eBay seller about eBay Buyer Protection was not a nice thing to do but it had to be done. So I tried to write as politely and clearly as possible, presenting the seller with an exact plan of action:

Hello my friend in China. :-)

I appreciate you trying to solve this problem for me. Here is my idea:

First you send me full refund of $72.58 to my PayPal account.

After that if you want me to return the item to you then you have to put $15 more in my same PayPal account for return shipping. After that I can return the item to you (I will try to return whole item including tablet, original box and accessories).

After that in future if I want a replacement I will do a new purchase. Because right now it is better for me to get a full refund since item was not as described in your ad listing.

So right now the idea is that you send me $72.58 to my PayPal account by end of coming Monday. Because if you don't give me full refund by end of Monday then I will contact eBay and they will help me get the refund, because there is a deadline of when I can contact eBay for Buyer Protection so I want to contact them on Tuesday if you don't give me the refund by end of Monday. So please you refund $72.58 to my PayPal account in 3 days, better for both of us if you do this so I get my money back and you do not get banned or bad feedback on eBay. Also I am NOT going to send you back the item right now first you refund all my money! So now first you send me full refund on PayPal then let me know okay?

Pay $72.58 to PayPal account before Tuesday October 11, 2011 or I report this problem to eBay and maybe they ban you.

Thank you. :-)


Well, that was as nice as I could be considering that I had been sold a fake/pirated Android tablet. Unfortunately the seller decided to share ideas of his own instead of complying with my plan of action by writing the following reply:

Hello, thanks for your kind reply. The address are correct it is an industrial area. Could we refund you when we receive the tablet pc?

If you send back cost a lot so how about you keeping it we can refund you half as an compensate.


The tablet was useless to me; I was not willing to settle for anything less than getting a full refund! So I contacted eBay in hopes to get my money back through the eBay Buyer Protection policy.

<-- Previous post: Getting eBay Seller to Refund All Money
Next post -->: Contacting eBay Buyer Protection

Read full: An eBay Buyer’s True Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your personal views? Make a comment to share them with the world!