Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Using eBay Buyer Protection to Get Refund

After opening the eBay Buyer Protection case I continued to communicate with the eBay seller as suggested. The seller said that he is working towards getting me a refund:

“Dear I know you are worry about this. I am an honest person. I will ask for refund from my boss ok? But could you please close the case and tell me.”

I was definitely going to close the case unless I received my refund, so here is what I wrote back:

“My Friend,

Did you get the message from eBay about the case? Please show the message to your boss and on it the reasons why I have opened case saying he is selling illegal product. Then I think he will give me full refund. Other ideas we can discuss later. Thank you.”


The seller kept insisting that I close the eBay Buyer Protection case that I had opened against him:

“Hello, thanks for your information. I have applied to the boss again. He asks me to communicate with you. I want to refund you but the case affects me so could you please close it for me. Then I can refund you and I will beg the boss to allow. Is this ok?”

Seemed like I was getting caught in a lot of red taping since the seller was trying to put the blame on his boss for not giving me a refund. Or perhaps his authority really was limited. Meanwhile, I tried to find other options for how to solve this problem and sent the eBay seller the following proposal:

“Hi,

Okay I talked to somebody in USA who says he can try to fix the problem with the tablet for $50. So can you refund $50 only no need to give full refund and I keep tablet so I fix this problem and also you don't get bad eBay feedback? After you refund $50 no more problem and no more case, sale is final! Is this okay? Thank you my friend.”


The seller agreed to this proposal:

“Hello. I agree with your idea so thanks for your information and idea. Now we have asked the engineer. The model is WM8650, you know have different inches tablet pc but all of them using the chipset of WM8650.”

Even though the seller had agreed to refund my money I did not receive any refund during the following days. So I wrote back:

“I am waiting for the $50 refund to my PayPal. Please refund soon so I can close the eBay case against you. Thank you.”

I got a quick short reply from the seller saying “So please request 50USD to on eBay.” I was confused on how to request a refund through eBay so I asked the seller for some assistance:

“How do I request $50 refund on eBay? I have put a note on the eBay case that I agree that you can refund $50 and let me keep item. Is this okay? Also I want refund to go to my PayPal account, not any credit like store or eBay credit, so please make sure you give refund to my PayPal account that I used to make original payment. Thank you. Anything more you need me to do please be specific with fast response.”

Apparently there was something specific the seller needed me to do because he sent the following message indicating that he could send the money and but wanted to have everything on record.

“I will refund you 50USD. Hope we can solve this now and refund you to your PayPal please accept here on eBay case.”

After reading this message I realized that I could make adjustments to the eBay Buyer Protection case, such as the amount agreed upon for refund. I changed the refund amount on the eBay Buyer Protection case and soon got a refund of $50 credited to my PayPal account.

So you’d think since I purchased the WM8650 tablet for original price of $72 that I went in a loss of $22, right? On the contrary, I had ideas of how to turn this whole catastrophe into a profit! Read on to find out how I get more of my money back.

<-- Previous post: Telling Seller About eBay Buyer Protection Case
Next post -->: Reselling Products on Ebay for Profit

Read full: An eBay Buyer’s True Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your personal views? Make a comment to share them with the world!