Saturday, December 10, 2011

Contacting eBay Buyer Protection

Unable to convince the seller to give me a full refund, I contacted eBay Buyer Protection. Here is my case summary:

Here's what just happened:
You opened an eBay Buyer Protection case for 7" Google Android 2.2 Tablet PC MID WM8650 800MHZ HDD 4GB WiFi G-Sensor Camera.

Here's what you need to do next:
Try to work things out with the seller. If you don't hear back by Oct 20, 2011, you can escalate this case to eBay Customer Support.

What you should know:
This case will automatically close on Nov 11, 2011 if the case is not escalated.

Details you've provided:
Problem: The item is not as described
You have already contacted the seller through eBay Messages
You paid on Sep 11, 2011
The item is fake
The seller has responded to you
The seller tried or is trying to help you with the problem
We can share your phone number with the seller.

Additional information:
"I have told the seller that the item is not as described. It has fake Google Android operating system I know this due to the following reasons: - The operating does not even allow the user to enter Google account information in the Account Settings. Obviously an operating system is not Google Android if you can't even enter your Google account in the settings. - The Android Market is fake. It has some Chinese apps and does not even have basic apps such as Skype, MSN and Yahoo messenger that can be found in the real Android Market. Other than that many other features can be easily discerned as fake. I told the seller about this problem almost immediately after receiving the item and told him I want a full refund. He said he will try to solve this problem for me but has not really done anything concrete in trying to do so. I have tried to work with the seller but now I feel he is wasting my time. I feel like I have been scammed with a pirated product. In fact I find it hard to believe that eBay is allowing this seller to sell pirated products. I am not willing to let even a cent of my money go to waste and I want a full refund. If the seller wants the item back he is going to have to pay me for return shipping first. Whatever his policies may be it does not justify him selling me a pirated product, which is illegal. However, as long as I get my money back I will not turn this into a legal issue against the seller or eBay. As I understand according to the eBay Buyer Protection I should get my full refund within 10 days. If this is not done I will report this matter to consumer protection agencies such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB). For now I trust you to handle the matter swiftly. To summarize, I want a full refund and I am not going to pay for return shipping because I have been sold a pirated product. I believe upholding the law is more important than upholding any policies made by the seller, and false advertising or being an accessory to it are criminal offenses. The least the seller and/or eBay can do is not have any payments incurred on the buyer. Thank you."

You asked for:
A full refund

Remember, you can always check the status of your case in the Resolution Center.”

After contacting eBay Buyer Protection I let the seller know that a case had been opened against him. I continued to communicate with the eBay seller and tried to convince him that he should give me all my money back otherwise he may have to suffer dire consequences.

<-- Previous post: Warning Seller About eBay Buyer Protection
Next post -->: Telling Seller About eBay Buyer Protection Case

Read full: An eBay Buyer’s True Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your personal views? Make a comment to share them with the world!