Thursday, December 15, 2011

Telling Seller About eBay Buyer Protection Case

After contacting eBay Buyer Protection I contacted the eBay seller so he knew a case had been opened against him:

Dear friend,

You did not give me full refund within the deadline in fact you have not even responded in the past 3 days so now I have contacted eBay. They say we can solve the problem within 8 days (which can only be done if you send me full refund) otherwise they will do a review and make a decision. I have told them your Android is fake which means if they review the case they might ban you from eBay and delete your eBay account. So I think better for me and you that you send refund of $72.58 to my PayPal account nadeemalim@gmail.com quickly otherwise this problem will get more and more bad.

We can discuss more details and options later as much as you want but right now you must send me full refund first. So please do not waste more time and send me full refund before there are more bigger problems.

Thank you.


Perhaps realizing this problem was getting out of hand he tried to not take responsibility for it. Here is what he wrote back:

Dear,

I have asked the boss and tell him the situation but he agrees that we can refund you half then you do not need to send back and we can refund you full if you send back. So I am just a staff in (company name) I have to get the agreement of the boss. So really hope you can understand me. Tell me your idea.


Well, I had already told him my idea that I want a full refund. It seemed he was not willing to compromise, and neither was I. I reiterated my plan of action to the eBay seller, trying to keep my composure:

Dear Staff Friend,

So your boss is saying it is okay for me to give his company very bad eBay feedback? Did you tell him I have opened complain case with eBay Buyer Protection saying that he is selling pirated products and that if he does not give me full refund then eBay might delete his account?

My idea is you give me full refund otherwise bad for me and you and also bad for your boss and his company. If you want me to send tablet back to you then you have to refund me full sale price and return shipping, you are the one doing illegal things not me so I am not going to pay anything.


I have to admit, this seller had a thick skin! His counteroffers were still not acceptable for me though, and feeling that the eBay Buyer Protection case would favor me in trying to get a full refund I stood my ground firmly.

Read full: An eBay Buyer’s True Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your personal views? Make a comment to share them with the world!