Friday, November 25, 2011

Confusion About WM8650 Tablet Model Number

As I had explained earlier, it was critical for me to know which model WM8650 tablet I had so I could try to upgrade the ROM or OS (operating system) to Uberoid. Unlike other WonderMedia WM8650, SuperPad, ePad and Flytouch tablets, this one had nothing written on the manual, packaging or on the tablet itself. So I wrote to the eBay seller:

Hi. If you check on eBay/forums you will see there are more than 10 different types of tablets all using the WM8650 and they all have different model numbers. Sometimes they will have the model number on the box, or on the manual, or back of tablet, but yours don't. So you should tell me the exact tablet model number, not just WM8650, just like you can not call all laptops "pentium" you have to know the model number like Compaq n610, Lenovo Thinkcentre, etc. Just ask the manufacturer for exact model number or closest match it should not be so hard in fact you should be providing this information to every buyer.

Yes, please refund the return shipping fee of $14 and also confirm your full shipping address. Can you send return shipping fee now? Also, you took more than a week to reply to me this time, so please reply more quickly within 1-2 days to show good customer service. This tablet is just lying in my room in the box I am not using it and want to send it back to you as soon as possible so please reply quickly. Thanks.


Now the next response I got from the eBay seller, it almost made me laugh!

Hello,

Oh thanks for your remind. We have several type of WM8650. This is the 7 INCHES and we also have the 8 inches and they are different storage.

And you want to send back to me we refund you the shipping postage but when we resend you again who pays for the shipping fee? If you willing, please return it for a replacement. Please don’t forget to mark your ebay ID, and item number on a stick to returned package so that we can check the information quickly and process replacement. Please return it to the following address…
” (seller provided a very long and odd Chinese address that did not map to even any near degree of accuracy on Google Maps).

So at this point I felt I was dealing with someone who either thought that I was stupid or really didn’t know even the basics of the product that he had sold to me. I decided it is better to just get my money back than trying to get a replacement and still not knowing what product I had. I wrote to the eBay seller about the actions that I could take to get my money back, including a direct refund as well as contacting eBay regarding the eBay Buyer Protection service in case the seller does not collaborate.

<-- Previous post: Getting WM8650 Tablet Replaced
Next post -->: Getting eBay Seller to Refund All Money

Read full: An eBay Buyer’s True Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your personal views? Make a comment to share them with the world!